|6 pounds fresh picked Crispin, Mutsu, or Paula Red apples from Carter Hill
1 quart New Hampshire Cider Works cider
1 ¼ cups sugar
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
1. Place apples and cider in a large pot. Bring to a boil. Then cook over medium heat, stirring often until apples are soft, about 30 minutes. Remove from heat.
2. Allow to cool until luke warm.
3. Using a hand mixer, puree the apples.
4. Return pot to heat, stirring in remaining ingredients. Bring to rapid boil, stirring constantly.
5. Cook until the butter has reached fruit spread consistency. If you put a dollop on a chilled plate and doesn't form a rim of liquid, it's ready.
6. Pour into hot, sterile jars.